SILTSTOP® is one of the latest geo-engineering technologies available to the mining, earthworks, and construction industries.
The erosion control tubes are typically constructed with filled diameters of 300mm and 150mm. Other sizes can be made to suit specific requirements.
SILTSTOP® can be filled on site using a variety of products - either imported or sourced from site – depending upon the application needed.
SILTSTOP® are cost competitive compared to standard silt fence systems which require considerable effort to construct.
The tubes are rapid to place. Installation costs are dependent on the length of SILTSTOP® needed and whether filling on site is required. SILTSTOP® can be used for:
- Retention and filtration of sediment
- As a cost-effective alternative to engineered walls
- As a growth medium for vegetation
- Track and pavement support
- Stabilisation of erosion scarps and slips
- Stream bank repair and armouring
- Control and direction of overland flow (storm water, stream diversion, clean water by-pass)
- On-demand supply of flocculant for sediment removal